Richa Chadha is an Indian film actress. Those who work in Hindi films. Richa has achieved a special place in Hindi cinema with her excellent performance in a very short time.
Richa Chadda Biography
Richa Chadda was born on 28 December 1988 in Amritsar, Punjab. His father was a Punjabi, while his mother was Bihari. His mother is a teacher at PGDAV College and his father owns a management firm. And his mother is a professor at PGDAV College, University of Delhi, who has written two books and also works with Gandhi Smriti.
Richa’s childhood is spent in Delhi. He received his early education from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya in Delhi. Richa graduated in History from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University. After this, Richa moved to Mumbai to do a PG Diploma in Social Media.
After coming to Mumbai, Richa started modeling, after which she turned to theater. In his very first film, he dazzled people with his acting.
Richa Chadda Wiki/Biography
|Wiki / Bio|
|Profession||Indian actress & Model|
|Debut Film||Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008)|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5ft 5in
|Weight||Weight in Kilograms- 57 Kg|
in Pounds- 126 lbs
|Body Measurements/ Figure Size||34-26-35|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1986 1|
|Age (In 2021)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Parents||Father :- Somesh Chadda|
Mother :- Kusum Chadda
|Sibling(s)||Brother :- Pranav Chadda, Anshuman Chadda, Trishabh Chadda|
|School||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi|
|College||St. Stephen’s College, Delhi Sophia College for Women, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors in History Post Graduate Diploma in Social Communications Media|
|Affairs, Marriage Details & More|
Nikhil Dwivedi (Actor)
Ali Fazal (Actor)
|Favorite Actor||Shahrukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Kareena Kapoor|
Source Of Income & Net Worth
|Net Wort||$2 million, according to the media.|
Richa Chadda career
Richa Chadda directed the Dibakar Banerjee 2008 film ‘Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! ’Made her acting debut in a supporting role as Dolly. She appeared in the 2010 comedy film Benny and Babloo as Fedora. Meanwhile, he acted in the Kannada film ‘Nirdoshi’, which was released in 2010 after a delay of nearly 3 years.
In 2012, he played an important role in Anurag Kashyap’s crime film Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1. The film premiered at the 65th Cannes Film Festival and was universally praised for its performance. Richa, who plays Nagma Khatoon in the film, received a lot of accolades for the film. After this film, she appeared in ‘Gangs of Wasseypur-2’ and once again she turned her back on critics.
In 2013, three of his films were released back-to-back. His three films were ‘Fukrey’, ‘Shorts’ and ‘Ram-Leela’. His best acting in all three films made critics think. Especially the film Ram-Leela, in which Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh were seen. Even after that, Richa managed to attract more viewers in the film.
Richa’s recent release Masaan has already received several awards before its release. Masan was screened at the film Cannes Film Festival. Janha film managed to win two awards. The film is based on the background of Masan Banaras. Richa’s acting in the film is as low as possible
Fukrey, Shorts, Ram-Leela, Gangs of Wasseypur 1, Gangs of Wasseypur 2, Masan.
Richa Chadda Movies List
|1||Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!|
|2||Benny and Babloo|
|3||Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1||Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress|
|4||Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|7||Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela|
|9||Words with Gods||Indian-Mexican-American film|
|11||Main Aur Charles|
|12||Chalk n Duster||Cameo appearance|
|13||Sarbjit||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|14||Jia Aur Jia|
|20||Cabaret||Released on ZEE5|
|21||Section 375:Marzi Ya Jabardasti|
That same year, she walked the ramp of Lakme Fashion Week and performed in a play called Trivial Disasters. Although she appeared in PETA advertisements supporting vegetarianism, she opposed the beef ban in the Indian state of Maharashtra.
In 2015, Richa Chaddha represented India at the 18th Marrakech International Film Festival. Festival representatives invited him as a jury member along with Hollywood filmmaker and screenwriter Francis Ford Coppola, president of the Marrakech Film Festival.
Richa Chadda interesting and Unknown Facts
1. Richa Chadda is an Indian actress in the comedy film ‘Oye Lucky! After debuting with a small role in Lucky Oye! ’(2008), she acted as a supporting actress in several films.
2. Richa Chadda’s big breakthrough was a supporting role in the film ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ (2012). 2013’s first release of Richa was the comedy film ‘Fukrey’ directed by Mrighdeep Singh Lamba, in which she portrayed a tough-talking woman don Bholi Punjaban did.
3. She appeared in a supporting role as Lush in the drama film ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’ directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet’s Shakespearean tragedy. She received a nomination in the IIFA Best Supporting Actress category for that role.
4. She appeared in the 2014 film ‘Tamanchey’ directed by Navneet Behal in the role of Babu. His role received mixed reviews for the film.
5. She has worked with Mira Nair, director of the Mexican-American anthology film ‘Words with Gods’, directed by nine different directors. Richa played the role of Meghna in the segment titled “God Room”. It was eliminated from the competition at the 71st Venice International Film Festival.
6. The film ‘Masaan’ was praised at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival and won two prestigious awards. After heavy acclaim for the film Masaan, his next film was Charles Sobhraj, Main Aur Charles’ which was a biography. She played Charles’ girlfriend.
7. She appeared in the biographical drama film Sarbjit based on the life of Sarabjit Singh. She played the role of Sukhpreet and shared the screen with Aishwarya Rai and Randeep Hooda. The film received mixed reviews from critics but was a moderate commercial success.
8. In 2017, Richa starred in an Indian web-series ‘Inside Edge’, in which she played the lead character of a struggling actress. The same year, the film ‘Jia Aur Jia’. The film received unfavorable reviews from critics and also did not do well at the box office.
9. After that, he reprised his role as Bholi Punjaban in the film ‘Fukrey Returns’, a much-awaited sequel to the 2013 film Fukrey. The film received more positive reviews from critics and became a huge commercial success.
10. Richa Chaddha has completed filming for Sudhir Mishra’s version of Devdas saga, titled Devdas Paro. He has finished filming for Pooja Bhatt’s film ‘Cabaret’, which is awaiting release. Richa is recently filming for David Womark’s Indo-American production film Love Sonia.
11. Richa Chadha is seen in the role of an adult star ‘Shakeela Begum‘.